I've amused myself writing up these 44 Rules of DeviantArt
</u>. If you think anything's missing, feel free to suggest HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ON ED NOW! I put them there, but it's still cool. Let's see if they last!
</u>44 Rules of DeviantArt
1. DeviantArt is serious business
2. One day, Ill be a great manga artist
3. The longer the journal entries, the better my art becomes
4. The more flashing friend icons, the better my art becomes
5. Tracing and recoloring is the same as using a reference
6. Blurry MySpace pictures of myself, taken without even using the timer mode are art
7. Photoshop filters are the same as photography skill
8. Lens flare makes EVERYTHING better!
9. Critics are only critical because they are jealous of my stick figures
10. All male game or anime characters are in love with each other
11. All characters split into two versions when entering DeviantArt: normal and furry, and the furry version is always better than the regular one cat ears are obligatory
12. All characters have child-like alter-egos, which I prefer, but not because Im a paedophile
13. People dont know theres a Full View function, so I must inform them of it, and demand that they use it every time I upload something, no matter how crappy, by commenting FULL VIEW PLEASE!!!!!!
14. The whole world is only waiting for one thing: seeing me naked
15. Its art if I say it is!
16. 2,000 pageviews means I have to make a kawaiiiii picture thanking people for looking at my other kawaiiii pictures, preferably with as many hearts as possible
17. Being on DeviantArt means I am special
18. Its not paedophilia when I draw it
19. Comments any less positive than OMG awesome! must be considered flames, and even the slightest bit of criticism is worth starting a fight and getting banned over
20. The DeviantArt comments system is a great chatbox, especially if its someone elses page!
21. There is nothing wrong with inflation art
22. If I fave one of your pictures, you have to fave one of mine, no matter how terrible I am, otherwise youre ungrateful
23. Everyone is interested in my private life, so I must spam my journal full of uninteresting junk (see #1)
24. If people troll my account due to a mention in ED, I must throw a tantrum, threaten to hex them, say theyve fallen into my trap, bawl to the moderators and/or threaten legal action and claim lawyers are already on the case
25. I have more pageviews, therefore my art is better than yours
26. Making alternate accounts praising my main account is a brilliant tactic
27. Copy-pasting an I like your art comment on loads of Random Deviant pages without looking at the art is a brilliant tactic
28. No matter how crappy my art is, and regardless of the fact that no one would hang it on their wall to save their lives, I must still make all my art available as Prints
29. The human body is beautiful and never pornographic, even if its being penetrated anally by a furrys cock
30. My profile icon flashes or moves, that means Im a better artist than you
31. Submitting Deviations without commenting anything more than, me again, lol or meh is artistic
32. Poetry isnt artistic if it doesnt have elementary-school rhymes and isnt about razors or angst
33. I can like a picture so much that fave it, but not enough to bother writing a short comment
34. Weve made porn of it. No exceptions.
35. Art memes are fun, and when they say I must tag three people, I must always tag EVERYBODY!!!11!
36. The cool kids set themselves to invisible
37. I must threaten everyone who might possibly steal my art with physical violence, even though Im behind a computer
38. Snape is perfectly capable of getting pregnant
39. I AM Asian. Really. Cant you see the painted cat eyes and the V-sign I make with my fingers?
40. My Desktop picture must contain a World of Warcraft-icon, and the wallpaper may under no circumstance have the correct aspect ratio
41. I paid for my account, so everything I made has just become better than everything youll ever make
42. Even though I spend every minute I have on DeviantArt, I must still complain how much it sucks as often as possible.
43. I must always be proud of making the first comment, even when I have nothing more to write than, First comment!
44. I can always delete my account and make a new one